Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Movie Reviews


Patrick had a great idea where he looked at all the movies he had gotten through Netflix this past year and gave mini-reviews on what he thought of all of them. I thought that sounded like a fun idea so I'm doing the same although I'm categorizing them a little differently and I'm not listing every single movie. Of the ones I can remember I'll list the movies I saw in the theater.

Netflix Movies

These are the movies/TV series that I loved:

LOST--Seasons 1 & 2--shocking to all of you I'm sure

The Outsider--I loved this movie, bought it and have watched it several times

Iron Jawed Angels--I did a whole post on this

The Inheritance--based on Louisa May Alcott's book

Reality Bites--I had seen this before but I liked it much better the 2nd time.

American Outlaws--my favorite Colin Farrell movie

Dreamer--inspirational movie with Kurt Russell & Elisabeth Shue

Tears of the Sun

Movies I liked:

She's the Man

Save the Last Dance 2--This wasn't bad but wasn't near as good as the first one which I love.

Drive Me Crazy

Last Holiday

Eyes of a Stranger

Just Like Heaven--Reese Witherspoon

Cinderella Man--I liked this more than I expected too

Miss Congeniality 2--Not as good as the 1st one but cute

These movies I thought I would really like but they were a big disappointment:

Young Guns 1 & 2--Kiefer Sutherland is awful in these. I don't think I ever liked him in anything until 24. Its almost like he's a different person in 24. He is one of those actors like George Clooney who looks and acts better in his 40's than he did in his 20's.

The Sentinel--A recent Kiefer Sutherland movie that I thought would be good but was just kind of a flop.

The New World--Huge Disappointment

La Femme Nikita (the series)--I was told this was similar to Alias. I love Alias but Nikita is nothing like Alias in terms of its appeal. They have similar story lines but I love Alias and despised Nikita.

Tristan & Isolde

Casanova

Movies I just didn't like:

Tigerland

The Recruit

Hart's War--This had Bruce Willis & Colin Farrell in it and was a war movie but it still didn't cut it for me.

Hostage

To end all Wars

Rumor has it

Movies I saw at the Theater that I loved:

World Trade Center

United 93

Annapolis

Failure to Launch

Movies I saw with my kids at the Theater:

Superman Returns--I got to see it in 3D with my boys. A friend had told me it was really good so I had high expectations and ended up not even liking it.

The Devil Wears Prada--I saw this with my girls and it was pretty good.

Santa Clause 3--I saw this with all my kids. It was good but not as good as 1 & 2.

Yours, Mine and Ours--Cute movie

No comments: