Sunday, July 30, 2006

LMC's Sunday Smorgasboard

Drawing Credit: Real Clear Politics

Toon Credit: Glenn McCoy

Several people have posted the first drawing and it applies to Hezbollah as well as Palestine. The more I watch the news the truer the drawing becomes. Hezbollah sits among Lebanese civilians shooting at Israel and if Israel fires back they are blamed for killing innocent civilians. I saw a Lebanese woman crying on Fox News because some of her family had been wounded and killed. She blamed and hated Israel for the attack. I sat there incredulous. Hezbollah purposely used her family as a human shield and yet she blames Israel. It shows you what an uphill battle Israel faces.

Toon Credit: Michael Ramirez

As soon as I found this cartoon I got excited. It totally describes how I feel about recent events. I still remember how much flack W got for bringing up the axis of evil in his 2002 speech. I was talking to a liberal relative of mine afterwards and she was joking about how N Korea wasn't a problem and they must've been in shock after hearing W's speech. I looked at her in disbelief and said N Korea has been and is a big problem. She had no clue and also wasn't aware of how much her favorite president Bill Clinton had aided our enemy N Korea. So I found this cartoon extremely fitting and wish I could show it to my lib relative and say Ha! myself.

ANDREA YATES

As you probably know from my previous post on this subject I was not happy to see the new verdict on Andrea Yates. As I watched the jurors rationalize their verdict I just shook my head. When a serial killer kills 5 people they get the death penalty. She killed 5 babies, 5 human lives and now that she is in a mental ward there is a possibility she could get out someday. In my personal opinion this is a miscarriage of justice. If she gets out someday and hurts someone else the blood of those victims will be on their hands.

ACLU & FRED PHELPS

I still haven't gotten around to doing my factual post on the despicable Fred Phelps and his cult. But it should be no surprise to those of us who are acquainted with this evil man that the ACLU is joining forces with him to overturn the ban on their picketing of soldiers' funerals.


Most of the Netflix movies I've watched recently have been duds but I finally found one I absolutely love!! It is entitled "The Outsider" and it is about a woman who is part of an Amish type group who helps the wounded, gun-fighter cowboy. They fall in love and have to combat the disapproval of her group and the evil cattle men who are trying to steal her land. I am a hopeless romantic and a Western girl so I loved every aspect of this movie. The reviews said that men would like it also because of it being a western but most women will love it because of the awesome romantic plotline.


There must be something about the title Outsider because of one of my other all-time favorite movies is "The Outsiders" that was based on SE Hinton's awesome book and had the stellar cast of Patrick Swayze, Matt Dillion, Rob Lowe, Tom Cruise, Emilio Estevez and others. It was the break-out movie for a lot of them.



Well, the kids and I are going to Michigan (Shoprat's corner of the world) to see my parents for the next week and a half. I'm not sure how much time I'll have to blog or visit but I'll try and I'll see everyone when I get back.

No comments: