Tuesday, January 06, 2009

My Final Book List for 2008!


I started off the year really strong reading a bunch of books during Christmas break while out of town. I continued at a good pace through the spring and summer and things didn't slow down until election season. Then, it was hard to keep my head above water on anything. I was able to listen to a couple of books on Cd. At the very end, I was determined to finish Gaskell's North and South, which ended up being my last book. Technically, I went a few days into 2009 but I accomplished my 50 book goal which is HUGE for me. The fact that I even got close, is a miracle.

All in all, I read 34 and I listened to 16 on Cd. It became a fun competition which enabled many of us to read more than we normally would have. By joining the 50 book club, I read a ton more than I normally would have, my Mom met that goal and exceeded it and several other friends also went way over it.

Another fun tidbit that I discovered through a friend is that President Bush and Karl Rove also have a book reading competition each year. Rove beat Bush every year but Bush read 95 in 2006, 51 in 2007 and 40 in 2008. I can't fathom reading 40 as President let alone 95. Of course, when looking for the WSJ column I found some liberal mocking Bush about this and he was talking about how he didn't believe that Bush read 95 books in 3 years. I just had to laugh, because he obviously couldn't even read a single column and get the facts straight.

Below, is my final updated list. The titles in blue are the ones that I've read since the last post.

Here are the books that I have read and/or listened to on Cd in 2008:
1) The Faith of the American Soldier--Stephen Mansfield
2) My Grandfather's Son--Clarence Thomas
3) A Patriot's Handbook (CD)--Caroline Kennedy
4) 1776 (CD)--David McCullough
5) One for the Money--Janet Evanovich
6) Two for the Dough--Janet Evanovich
7) Three to get Deadly--Janet Evanovich
8) Four to Score--Janet Evanovich
9) High Five--Janet Evanovich
10) Hot Six--Janet Evanovich
11) Seven Up--Janet Evanovich
12) Hard Eight--Janet Evanovich
13) To the Nines--Janet Evanovich
14) Ten Big Ones--Janet Evanovich
15) Eleven On Top--Janet Evanovich
16) Visions of Sugar Plums--Janet Evanovich
17) Bonhoeffer: The Cost of Freedom (CD)
18) Twelve Sharp--Janet Evanovich
19) Lean Mean Thirteen--Janet Evanovich
20) Plum Lovin'--Janet Evanovich
21) Facing Terror--Carrie McDonnall (CD)
22) The Spiritual Heritage of the U.S. Capitol--David Barton (CD)
23) The Faith of George W. Bush--Stephen Mansfield (CD)
24) Danger in the Shadows--Dee Henderson (CD)
25) T is for Trespass--Sue Grafton
26) Plum Lucky--Janet Evanovich
27) Then Sings My Soul--Robert J. Morgan
28) The Negotiator--Dee Henderson (CD)
29) Wings of Silver--Jo Petty
30) Moments From America's History--David Barton (CD)
31) The Spirit of the American Revolution--David Barton (CD)
32) Stori Telling--Tori Spelling
33) First World War--Ruth Brocklehurst & Henry Brook
34) Mistaken Identity--VanRyn, Cerak & Mark Tabb
35) Mornings on Horseback--David McCullough (Cd)
36) Fearless Fourteen--Janet Evanovich
37) If God Should Choose--Kristen Stagg
38) Come Thirsty--Max Lucado
39) Lincoln, A Photobiography--Russell Freedman
40) Bringing Elizabeth Home--Ed & Lois Smart w/Laura Morton
41) John Adams--David McCullough (Cd)
42) Beauty Beyond the Ashes--Cheryl McGuinness
43) If I Did it--Ron Goldman
44) How I Helped OJ Get Away with Murder--Mike Gilbert
45) Because They Hate--Brigitte Gabriel (Cd)
46) Murder in Brentwood--Mark Fuhrman
47) 90 Minutes in Heaven--Don Piper (Cd)
48) 25 Ways to Win With People--John Maxwell & Les Parrot (Cd)
49) The Knowledge of the Holy--A.W. Tozer (Cd)
50) North and South--Elizabeth Gaskell

Previously:
Book List 1
Book List 2
Book List 3
Book List 4
Book List 5
Book List 6

Links:
50 Book List

No comments: