Saturday, July 19, 2008

My Book List So Far...Part 5


I am so glad my friend encouraged me to join her book group this year. Their goal is to read 50 books a year. For me, that was a huge long shot since my reading had majorly slowed down since starting the blog and other activities. I also used to listen to a lot of books on tape but had gotten out of that habit as well.

All of that to say, I've been able to get back into both the habit of reading and listening to books on Cd in a bigger way than before. One of the biggest things is to allow myself to read lighter books as well as my serious history and political ones too. Before, I would get bogged down in a history or political book and just not read at all.

During my trip, I had some time to read since I had very little computer access. I read Janet Evanovich's latest Stephanie Plum book. I finally finished my Lincoln book, which I would highly recommend. I also read a book on the Elizabeth Smart case and a book about missionaries on the Amazon River whose plane was shot down because they were accidentally thought to be a drug plane.

Right now, I am reading Elizabeth Gaskell's novel, North and South. I talked about watching the movie awhile back and have since re-watched it numerous times. It is a wonderful story, very much along the lines of Jane Austen. Gaskell like Austen is a little hard to dive into at first but I am now into it and enjoying it.

Now, I just have to find the time to do all the book reviews ;-)!!

Below, I have updated my list. The titles in blue are the ones that I've read since the last post.

Here are the books that I have read and/or listened to on Cd so far:
1) The Faith of the American Soldier--Stephen Mansfield
2) My Grandfather's Son--Clarence Thomas
3) A Patriot's Handbook (CD)--Caroline Kennedy
4) 1776 (CD)--David McCullough
5) One for the Money--Janet Evanovich
6) Two for the Dough--Janet Evanovich
7) Three to get Deadly--Janet Evanovich
8) Four to Score--Janet Evanovich
9) High Five--Janet Evanovich
10) Hot Six--Janet Evanovich
11) Seven Up--Janet Evanovich
12) Hard Eight--Janet Evanovich
13) To the Nines--Janet Evanovich
14) Ten Big Ones--Janet Evanovich
15) Eleven On Top--Janet Evanovich
16) Visions of Sugar Plums--Janet Evanovich
17) Bonhoeffer: The Cost of Freedom (CD)
18) Twelve Sharp--Janet Evanovich
19) Lean Mean Thirteen--Janet Evanovich
20) Plum Lovin'--Janet Evanovich
21) Facing Terror--Carrie McDonnall (CD)
22) The Spiritual Heritage of the U.S. Capitol--David Barton (CD)
23) The Faith of George W. Bush--Stephen Mansfield (CD)
24) Danger in the Shadows--Dee Henderson (CD)
25) T is for Trespass--Sue Grafton
26) Plum Lucky--Janet Evanovich
27) Then Sings My Soul--Robert J. Morgan
28) The Negotiator--Dee Henderson (CD)
29) Wings of Silver--Jo Petty
30) Moments From America's History--David Barton (CD)
31) The Spirit of the American Revolution--David Barton (CD)
32) Stori Telling--Tori Spelling
33) First World War--Ruth Brocklehurst & Henry Brook
34) Mistaken Identity--VanRyn, Cerak & Mark Tabb
35) Mornings on Horseback--David McCullough (Cd)
36) Fearless Fourteen--Janet Evanovich
37) If God Should Choose--Kristen Stagg
38) Come Thirsty--Max Lucado
39) Lincoln, A Photobiography--Russell Freedman
40) Bringing Elizabeth Home--Ed & Lois Smart w/Laura Morton

Previously:
Book List 1
Book List 2
Book List 3
Book List 4

Links:
50 Book List

No comments: