Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Saying Farewell and Thank-you to a Great President!


Video Hat tip: Conservatives 4 Palin

Whatever you think about President Bush, he has been and is, a class act. He has always treated others better and more fairly than he has been treated himself. The above video is a must see. It is Bush speaking at a Welcome Home Rally in Texas. I couldn't agree with him more!! We love you Mr. President! You will be greatly missed!!

--Mike's excellent post w/pictures on Bush's homecoming

Life has been crazy busy, so I haven't been able to devote the time I've wanted to the Bush posts. Eventually, I'd like to do a part 2 & 3 to Why I love George W. Bush, but that will probably have to wait. I also would like to do profiles on Dick and Lynne Cheney as well. Maybe, I will do one profile a week and try and get into the habit of doing conservative profiles again.

For today though, I have a couple more things that I would like to highlight as I bid W adieu.

--My loyal radio listener Patrick M (who has a flair for all things critical) actually gives Bush some praise in his farewell post to him


--Make your way to this site, and express your thanks to our 43rd President

--In Line to thank our President is the Jerusalem Post, because as Gateway Pundit points out,
"President George W. Bush will hand over a Middle Eastern foreign policy outlook far brighter than the one he inherited from Bill Clinton."

--Amy has a moving tribute over at A Soldier's Perspective. She lost a son in Iraq. Here is her conclusion:
The last eight years have brought good and bad. I won't say I have agreed with everything President Bush has done, but what he has done, he did out of a conviction to do the right thing for the people and for the country. He has acted with courage, honor and integrity throughout his eight years as our president.

To President Bush I say thank for serving our nation in such an honorable way. Thank you for recognizing the real threats we faced and for acting to preserve and protect our nation and it's people. Thank you for being a man of integrity and being willing to do the right thing regardless of the direction the political wind was blowing. You honored God, you honored our country and now Mr. President I honor you and thank you for a job well done.

--Mike did some great posts on other members of Bush's team. He did one on Laura, Dick Cheney and Condi Rice.

One last post, a Conservative Democrat says this, Thank You For Everything President Bush!

No comments: