Thursday, March 20, 2008

Encouragement


“A word of encouragement during a failure is worth more than an hour of praise after success”

"If you think that praise is due,
Now's the time to show it,
'cause a man can't read his tombstone when he's dead."
--Anonymous

"Appreciation can make a day--even change a life, Your willingness to put it into words is all that is necessary."--Margaret Cousins

"As it is our nature to be more moved by hope than fear, the example of one we see abundantly rewarded cheers and encourages us far more than the slights of many who have not been well treated disquiets us."--Francesco Guicciardini

"Correction does much, but encouragement does more."--Goethe

"There are high spots in all of our lives and most of them have come about through encouragement from someone else. I don't care how great, how famous or successful a man or woman may be, each hungers for applause."--George Matthew Adams

I've noticed that there are quite a few of us not in the mood to post on politics right now. I wanted to find a Calvin and Hobbes to go with this post and the above one seemed perfect. I'm making my kids memorize important history documents right now and lets just say that my oldest daughter especially is not happy about it. Her and Calvin would be in absolute agreement.

There have been lots of talks in my house lately about not complaining, having a good attitude, being thank-ful, etc... Parenting and home schooling is definitely not for the faint of heart. Just one of the many reasons I glared at the Doctor the other day was he assumed I had no stress in my life because I don't work outside the home. What do you even do with that?

So, onto why I gave this post the title I did. Tonight I'm going to be writing encouragement cards. So I thought I'd encourage everyone else to take the time to encourage someone in your life. We never say enough kind things to others while we have the time to say them. Take the time today and let someone know you appreciate them. You'll be glad you did and so will they ;-).

No comments: