Friday, September 05, 2008

Palin is a Huge Victory for Conservatives!


As many of you know, I was in a deep depression on Super Tuesday of this year. The writing was on the wall that McCain was going to be the Republican nominee. The pep completely left this right wing cheerleader. I had nothing left to cheer for.

So, I assessed the political scene and thought about what influence I had left. I was stuck with McCain, what could I do? What card did I have left? I had the VP card, that was my last stand. I quickly found that I was not alone in this thinking. Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, Tammy Bruce, I and many others said over and over again that it was crucial for McCain to pick well. The problem was, I had absolutely no confidence that McCain would. Yet, I continued to hammer away.

I took a lot of heat for not toeing the party line and not jumping aboard the Straight Talk Express. Yet, I refused to do so, until I saw some sign from McCain that he cared about the conservative base. It is now very obvious that it was because of people like me, Rush, Sean, Tammy and all the other conservatives that McCain chose Palin. A friend sent me an email where he said that he had talked to someone at the RNC who said that it was because of us, the conservative base, that McCain had picked Palin.

If those of us in the conservative base had just jumped aboard the straight talk express, McCain very well might have picked Lieberman. So guess what conservatives? We picked Sarah Palin. How awesome is that? And as Rush said yesterday, she is the new leader of the conservative movement. Whether we win or not in November, we've got a wonderful new leader.

No comments: