Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Governor Sarah Palin in Missouri!


I'm exhausted!! As most of you know, I always write my posts the night before and post them for the next day. As I'm writing this, I've gotten a total of about 7 hours of sleep for the past 2 nights.

I got up around 5:30 am Monday morning to go see Sarah Palin. I took my 2 daughters and we met several of my friends. Several of us rode together and because of weather and needing caffeine we ended up getting there later than we had planned. Another one of my friends was further ahead in the line. We found out pretty quickly that the John Knox Pavilion could only handle 3,000 people and there were a lot more than 3,000 people in line.

Its complicated, but what ended up happening was that my girls ended up being with the one group of friends and I ended up with my other friend. My friends wanted me to get inside since I had the blog and the radio show. They offered to watch my girls and my other friend's daughter traded places with me. My friend and I got inside and the group ended up being outside in the overflow area.

We then found out that McCain & Palin were going to speak to both crowds. So what ended up happening was that McCain and Palin spoke to the outside crowd first and then shook a bunch of people's hands. My 14 year old daughter ended up getting to shake Sarah Palin's hand. She doesn't care about politics at all and only came to be with her friends, and she's the one that actually gets to shake her hand. Unbelievable!!

Anyway, it was a great time and all told they estimate that there were around 6,000 people there. Inside, there were 3,000 and in the overflow area outside there were 3,000. There was a lot of enthusiasm, and contrary to it just being post convention excitement (which is what the Drive by Media and liberals are trying to say) the crowd was huge because of one factor, Sarah Palin. My friends and I were there for her and there were some who even left after she was done speaking.

I bought 2 campaign buttons (I tried to find copies of them online so I could show you what they looked like but I couldn't find them). One said, "Women for Palin, You Go Girl! McCain/Palin", the other one said, "Hot Chicks vote Republican". They are both pink, of course!!

As always, there was a small group of pathetic protesters. My friends and I were talking about how we will never understand the mindset of protesters. Why wouldn't they just go to an Obama rally, rather than crashing a McCain & Palin one? I guess because they don't have much of a life.

Also, make sure to tune into Sean Hannity's radio show today. I called in yesterday to talk about the rally. I got through and the call screener said she would call me back and have me on the show today.

UPDATE:
There was a mix-up and now I'm going to be on Hannity's show tomorrow. So stay-tuned.


UPDATE:
I found a fellow blogger who was there, her post is entitled, McCain/Palin Campaign Rally In Lee’s Summit, MO.

Links:
McCain & Palin Pump up Crowd in Lee's Summit
Supporters Show Up Before Sunrise to See GOP Ticket
On the Road with Governor Palin
Palin Hits Obama on Earmarks
McCain, Palin Rally Thousands In Lee's Summit
In Metro, McCain, Palin Criticize Obama
McCain, Palin to attend area rally
McCain, Palin Make Missouri Visit for 2nd Time in 8 Days
McCain, Palin arrive in KC

No comments: