Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Our Day at the Log Cabin


As I've mentioned before I have an American Girls' group that meets in my home. I started it for my girls to be able to do other things with girls' their ages. It has worked out well over the years and several of the girls have brothers so all my kids are happy.

Once a month we try to go on Field Trips. Yesterday we went to this Authentic 1829 Log Cabin. The lady does all kinds of neat things with the kids and has a ton of energy. We were there from 9:00-2:00 yesterday. These were some of the activities we did:
--Observe how logs of cabin fit together
--Climb ladder to loft in cabin & read from Little House books
--Help put chinking in between logs
--Locate edibles once used by pioneers
--Eat refreshments from covered wagon
--Rediscover site of foundation where Jesse James ate a meal
--Walk on road where Jesse James traveled
--Dip candles, churn butter, grind corn/coffee
--Learn Square dancing
--Basket Weaving

I am exhausted. I got 3 hours of sleep the night before and this week I'm going to be running around like a crazy woman so probably no deep posts and not a lot of comments this week. I'll do my best!!


On the politics front--I wish I had time to do a post on Bush's immigration speech. I liked everything except for the guest worker program. Lone Pony and Patrick both did good posts on this. Check them out!!

No comments: