Friday, November 14, 2008

Fun Stuff!--Part 1


Since this election cycle was hard on all of us, I figure a diversion from politics is a good thing. My liberal buddies James and Dave are so happy about their Obama win that they are taking some time off from politics. Kudos to them, while being happy about their win there was no gloating to those of us who were mourning a loss.

1) True but funny story--I was working out on the elliptical machine at the gym last night and this guy starts working out next to me. He starts talking to me even though I have headphones on but he gets my attention. We start talking for awhile, when I realize that he is hitting on me. By this time he knows I'm married, have 4 kids, that my husband does kickboxing, etc... I even talk about how I'm a Republican and he is an Obama supporter and still he is not dissuaded. Finally, I happen to mention that I'm one of those people who still loves Bush and he finally disappears. LOL :-)!

2) Nickelback's New Cd--I'm a big fan of Nickelback and they are coming out with a new Cd. Ironically, it comes out the same day as David Cook's, November 18th. I'm looking forward to both of them. I'm really bummed that a friend and I didn't go to the Nickelback concert here in KC a year ago with Chris Daughtry. I'm a huge fan of both and it would've been worth the money. Hopefully, sometime in the near future. My friend is also a homeschooling Mom of 4 so we joked about how we would have to get some leather pants to go.

3) The Jane Austen Book Club--I knew I wanted to buy this movie the first time I saw it. It is an excellent movie but I was waiting for it to be a decent price. Then, this past weekend I needed a good movie to distract me from the rough political news. I went to Target and they had it for a great price and it was the last copy. How could I not buy it?

4) North and South--I started reading this during the summer but things got crazy busy with the campaigns. It was hard to get much reading done, but if I did, it was easier books. So, now that the campaigns are over I went back to reading it and I am enjoying it. I also only have 3 books after this to finish my 50 book list.

Tomorrow, will be my Fun Stuff--Part 2 post, stay tuned!

No comments: