Friday, November 21, 2008

Twilight!


My teenage daughter isn't a big reader, but she loves the "Twilight" book series by Stephanie Meyer. It is a teenage love story between a normal girl and a guy who is a vampire. They are a huge hit right now with teens AND adults. Several friends of mine have read the books and really liked them.

My daughter has been counting down the days until the premiere of the movie based on the first book. So, last night 2 friends of mine, my daughter and one of her friends all went to the Midnight premiere of the movie. The movie theater we went to was showing it on 5 different screens, and the parking lot was packed.

I was the only one in the group that hadn't read any of the books. They all thought the movie wasn't as good as the book, although they enjoyed it. I had nothing to compare it with, so I thought it was pretty good. I can see why the storyline is so compelling and I look forward to reading the books.

No comments: