I posted this cartoon on the day of the elections in 2006 because everyone was talking about how "horrible" things were back then. Well, lets take a good look at how things were then with a Republican led Congress and how things are now with a Democrat led Congress. (I got this via an email. I don't have a source but I heard Rush read this on the air last week and all the figures look fairly accurate. I tried to find a source but wasn't able to find that it was accurate or false. So if anyone has any additional info let me know):
A little over one year ago:
1) Consumer confidence stood at a 2 1/2 year high;
2) Regular gasoline sold for $2.19 a gallon;
3) The unemployment rate was 4.5%.
Since voting in a Democratic Congress in 2006 we have seen:
1) Consumer confidence plummet;
2) The cost of regular gasoline soar to over $3.50 a gallon;
3) Unemployment is up to 5% (a 10% increase);
4) American households have seen $2.3 trillion in equity value evaporate
(stock and mutual fund losses);
5) Americans have seen their home equity drop by $1.2 trillion dollars;
6) 1% of American homes are in foreclosure.
America voted for change in 2006, and we got it!