Thursday, April 24, 2008

80's Bunko Party!


I've mentioned before that I'm a part of a Bunko group. There are 12 women in the group and we meet at each other's houses once a month. Each woman gets to host it once a year and this month was my month.

I picked the 80's to be my theme and it was a lot of fun. I had Wings from Wingstop, Cheesecake, and lots of other goodies. We played Bunko and my prizes were fun Dvds, some from the 80's like Footloose, and then I had some Matthew McConaughey, Jennifer Garner movies, etc...

Rivka is a part of the group and we usually get to talk a little about politics and she and I are both David Cook fans. This night, however, I did make the mistake of asking one of the other women who was subbing about her son being a liberal not realizing she was. She then proceeded she tell me she didn't like Bush and she was against the war. I was a little amazed and just kept quiet and tried to change the conversation. I so didn't mean to open that door. Wow!! Other than that, it was a great night!!

I'm still exhausted though from planning and hosting because I'm on a new medicine that has been kicking my butt. I finally got off of it because it was zapping me of all my energy and making my life miserable. I'll have to try something different. Today, I'm off to a field trip with my kids!!

No comments: