Friday, January 04, 2008

I'm Back!!


Tales from my Trip
--I had overdone it in December and had only gotten 3 hours of sleep the night before we left so I slept a lot the first couple of days.

--I got lots of reading done. I joined a fun group this year where we are committing to reading 50 books for the year so I wanted to get a good start. I will be doing some book reviews in the near future. The Clarence Thomas book was the best book I have read in a long time. It was very inspirational and whether you are a liberal, conservative or a moderate it is a MUST READ!!

--My oldest daughter is finally old enough to watch Alias, so we are watching all the episodes in order from the beginning. It has been a lot of fun and we are bonding watching Sydney, Vaughn, Will and Marshall :-).

--I felt like I was in a nightmare as I watched the surges of Huckabee and McCain on Fox News. Susan Estrich (and many other Dems) view Huckabee as their dream candidate to run against. No wonder why.

--I didn't have internet access while I was gone but I have still stayed on top of the news. So stay tuned for my thoughts on all of the current events. I was stunned by Bhutto's assassination. Obama winning and Hillary coming in 3rd definitely is a blow to unity for the Dems, the only good news from tonight.

--We got 17 inches of snow in Michigan, so it delayed my return. Mike was starting to wonder if I was going to be the next missing woman on Fox News :-). Huge thanks to him for blog sitting and troll watching while I was gone.
I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas and New Years wishes to you all!!

No comments: