Monday, May 28, 2007

Memorial Day--May We Never Forget

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free."--Ronald Reagan


Video Hat Tip: Wake Up America

The above video is one of the most moving Memorial Day tributes that I've seen.

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things; the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks nothing worth a war, is worse. A man who has nothing which he cares more about than he does about his personal safety is a miserable creature who has no chance at being free, unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."--John Stuart Mill


This video tribute is set to the song Amazing Grace sung by LeAnn Rimes.

"Let us not mourn for those who have died fighting but rather let us be glad that such heroes have lived."

Taylor Hicks - Do I Make You Proud

I've posted this one before but it is so good I had to post it again. Our soldiers make me extremely proud to be an American and to live in a free country.

"Freedom is never free."


I've linked to this one and posted it numerous times because it makes me tear up every time I see it. I pray this would happen every time a U.S. soldier would come home.

May we never forget what our military men and women do for us. May we be patriots who show our love for our country and for our soldiers, not just on Memorial Day, but every day. U.S. soldiers sacrifice a lot for our freedoms and all they want is our thanks, love and appreciation. May they feel it in abundance today!!

I will declare right now my thanks, love and appreciation for all those who have served and are serving. THANK-YOU!!! I am and will always be a cheerleader for you.


Support the Troops!
Freedom Alliance
Protest Warrior
Families United
Soldiers' Angels
Adopt Our Troops
MIL Blogs
Wednesday Hero Blogroll

Other Memorial Day posts:
Mike's America
Wordsmith
Wordsmith--updated
Always on Watch
Bloviating Zeppelin
Born Again Redneck Yogi
Flopping Aces
Anna's Clue Tank
Confessions of a Closet Republican
Grizzly Mama
Frankly, My Dear...
Marie's Two Cents
Right Wing Rebel
Jimmyb
Public Pondering
Dragon Lady's My Republican Blog
Sister Toldjah

No comments: