Wednesday, May 07, 2008

David Cook Tickets!!


I really should be posting on more serious issues like Myanmar, or Obama's nauseating victory speech or perhaps the conservative backlash against McCain but I'm not going to. Instead, I'm going to talk about something a lot more fun and pleasant.

Last Week I found out that David Cook was planning his hometown concert and since he is from the KC area that meant he would be coming here. Unless you've been living in a cave you know I am a huge David Cook fan. I then tried to figure out how to get a hold of the tickets. There was no word and I literally didn't find out until Monday night that they were only going to be available on Tuesday from 9:00 to 4:00 at 5 different locations in Blue Springs.

There were only 10,000 tickets and each person was only allowed to get 5 tickets. I was going with 2 friends and some of our kids so my one friend and I headed out to get there at 9:00 am. I had no idea what to expect. Would it be a short wait, hours?? We just didn't know. Two of the locations were on the same street so we figured that was our best bet because that way we could pick between the two. That ended up working out well because the one place had a much shorter line than the other. It ended up only taking 15 minutes and we had the tickets and we were out of there. Yet, apparently the tickets were gone in 6 hours so I'm glad I got there when I did.

Woo-hoo!! I was so excited, I felt like I had one of the Willy Wonka golden tickets ;-)). The tickets were free but they recommended that you give a $5 donation for each ticket to the American Cancer Society which we all freely did. It was very exciting.

Last night everyone was calling like crazy for him because obviously, if he got voted off there would be no concert. There were even "watch parties" where people got together just to call in for him. It doesn't look like he is in any danger though. According to Dial Idol he is #1 and unless something bizarro happens, it looks like Jason Castro is going home tonight.

All that to say my friends and kids and I are off to see David Cook this Friday. My oldest daughter said maybe we would be on Tv. I told her it was pretty unlikely seeing that we are going to be in a crowd of 10,000 but you never know ;-). Either way we will have bragging rights that we were there!!

No comments: