Monday, October 01, 2007

My Grandfather's Son


I'm a huge fan of Justice Clarence Thomas. He is a great man who has been unfairly demonized by the left. The left tried to bork him and take him down during his confirmation hearing with trumped up charges of sexual harassment. Never mind the fact that we've had a sitting president who actually did commit such acts and was defended by the very feminists who went after Thomas.

Clarence Thomas has said relatively little in his defense up until now. He has come out with his autobiography, My Grandfather's Son. Last night he was on 60 Minutes, go here to see the video. Today, he is going to be on Rush's show for a rare 90 minute interview. I'm very excited, and plan on tuning in. Here is a little of what Rush had to say about it when talking to a caller last week:
"He's going to be in the second and third hour. It's going to be the first 90-minute interview we've ever done with anybody. I taped it after the program yesterday because the first day of the new term of the Supreme Court is on Monday, and he couldn't make it live.

He has two segments on 60 Minutes Sunday night. By the way, the name of the book is My Grandfather's Son. He did two interview segments for 60 minutes. ABC has been following him around, too. Jan Crawford Greenburg is their court writer. She is a good reporter. I don't mean to harm her reputation saying that with her peers, but she's a good reporter. She has followed him around with the crew for I think Primetime or 20/20, whatever the show is. He's going to be all over the place later in the week next week. But I have to tell you something about this interview and I don't want to give any of it away.

Other than to say, I start out with him when his mother gave him up. She couldn't afford him and his brother, and his grandfather took him in, and the title of the book is My Grandfather's Son. I started from there, and I didn't get to the confirmation hearings 'til what was like the end of the first hour. But during this interview -- and I don't want to give away any secrets here -- Dawn, who was here transcribing what he was saying for me in case I had trouble understanding him, which I didn't, cried twice."

I'll have to find room in my budget to purchase both Thomas's & Ann's new book, I'm off to Sam's tomorrow!!

Other interviews:
Clarence Thomas: A Silent Justice Speaks Out

Others blogging:
Patterico's Pontifications
Chip's Church Chat
Born Again Redneck
Bloviating Zeppelin

No comments: