Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Laura Bush's Trip to the Middle East


I have to admit I have been baffled and disheartened at the conservative backlash at Laura Bush for some of the things she did while in the Middle East.

So I was happy to see Mike and Amy Proctor both posting their take on it all. I thought Amy's post said it all, and said it well.

I have seen so much bashing of our own side recently and I just don't get it. I love Michelle Malkin's blog but every time I go there she has something negative and hateful to say about conservatives or Republicans. I have completely stopped listening to Laura Ingraham because she seems to be slowly sliding into Michael Savage mode. I don't get this bandwagon of trashing our own side and I refuse to get on.

This is not to say that I won't be critical of Republicans when they deserve it (as I clearly have been) but I don't get this overwhelming negativism and pessimism about our own side. Why do we insist on eating our own?

No comments: