Thursday, January 04, 2007

Perspective

Toon Credit: Wayne Stayskal

This cartoon is my only contribution to politics in this post. My life has been getting in the way of blogging recently.

Yesterday I found out a friend of mine committed suicide. She wasn't a close friend but I'm going to her funeral today and it is still a sobering thing and makes you take restock of your life. Another friend from college let me know in her Christmas letter that her husband died this past year. Since they are my age it makes you do a double take.

My thoughts have gone to how we needlessly worry and stress out about things that in the scheme of things aren't that big of a deal compared to life or death. A quote from my earlier post: "Work hard, play hard, laugh hard, and leave the worries to your Father." Tim McGraw's song, "Live like you were dying!!"

No comments: