Monday, September 11, 2006

9/11 Tribute To Christina De Laura



When I signed up for the 2,996 bloggers tribute I was a little disappointed. There is very little information known about the lady's name I received. Literally all that is known about her is that she is Colombian and that she went missing from the World Trade Center. No one knows her age, her job, nothing, and there is no picture of her. I find it hard to believe that there was no way to locate information on her. It seems like relatives in Columbia would've come forward with some info but I wasn't able to locate any. It appears that her husband Oscar also went missing from the WTC but there is no information known about him either.


Nevertheless I write this post in honor of her memory. May we never forget the precious lives that were lost that day. And may we not forget why the War on Terror is so important. On this 5 year anniversary we must not forget the stakes. And on this 5th anniversary we can be thankful that we haven't had any further terrorist attacks on our soil. We can thank the great leadership of President Bush in part for that.


I will never forget how I felt that day and how personal it was to me. I remember everything I did and how I found out. By the time I found out we knew about all the planes and I just started crying. I was dropping my daughter off at pre-school when the towers collapsed. It took awhile for it all to sink in what had happened and what we had lost. The leadership of Bush & Giuliani meant a lot to me that day and was very comforting. I mourned the loss of Barbara Olson that day having seen her on Fox News and her funeral that weekend was especially moving. Mike has done a bunch of neat tributes to 9/11 and he has an extremely moving flash presentation that is a must see. Suzie also recounts her personal journey on that day in, Reflecting back on September 11th 2001.


I have been focusing on 9/11 a lot in the recent weeks because I think it is important that we never forget. I celebrate my 1 yr. blogging anniversary this month and I remember my 3rd post was about how disappointed I was in how little was said about 9/11. I'm thankful that isn't the case on the 5th anniversary.

I will be talking more about it this week since I need to do a review of the book I'm reading on it entitled, 102 Minutes. I also will be doing a review of the controversial docudrama The Path to 9/11.

Here are some of my recent posts on 9/11 & also links to fellow bloggers that have also done 9/11 tributes. Wordsmith especially did a personal one that was very moving:

The Path to 9/11--Must See TV!!
The Path to 9/11 Update
The Importance of Remembering 9/11
World Trade Center
United 93


Wordsmith's--In Honor of David Reed Gamboa-Brandhorst
Patrick's--Tribute to Lee Charles Ludwig
Gayle's-- 9/ll Blogburst Tribute to Mr. Anil T. Bharvaney
Neo-Con Tastic--A Tribute to Robert E. Russell
Anna's-- I Remember Louis F. Aversano Jr
Skye's--Skye remembers Marcello Matricciano, 31, WTC
Monica's--I Remember James M. Roux
JimmyB's--Sarah Khan - A Tribute
Mike--Deborah Kaplan
Chas-- 2,996 Tribute to Lorraine D. Antigua
Rob's-- 2996 Tribute to Capt. Daniel Brethel - died September 11, 2001
Bushwack's--A tribute to a life lost on 9-11
Juanita's--Felicia Traylor-Bass
Point Five--9/11 Remembrance: Christina Donovan Flannery
Rebekah's--Brian Novotny

No comments: