Friday, May 06, 2011

My Visit to the Amelia Earhart Birthplace Museum!



My Mom was in town this week, so her and I and a friend visited the Amelia Earhart Birthplace Museum in Atchison, Kansas. My Mom and I watched the movie Amelia the night before we went. Louise Foudray, Caretaker of the Museum had this to say about the movie:
Considering the difficulty in making a movie about Amelia Earhart, I think it was nicely done as far as it went. It showed her determination to defy convention and the emotion of the importance and danger of her flights. The affair with Eugene Vidal is in question. It did not show her depth of character, her skills and ability to the extent which she deserves.

A lot of aspects of her life, her family influence, her intelligence, her business skills, her teaching ability were not shown.

It did introduce us to a beautiful person of whom we need to know more.
The museum was wonderful and we were able to get a lot of questions answered by the woman who was there. She especially pointed out that there really was no evidence of the affair with Eugene Vidal.

Of course, as always, I have a weakness for museum gift shops. So I bought the above book and other items.

No comments: