Monday, May 30, 2011

Memorial Day 2011!


I'm in the middle of watching the mini-series, Band of Brothers by Tom Hanks and Steven Spielberg. It is the story of Easy Company of the US Army 101st Airborne division and their mission in WWII Europe from Operation Overlord through V-J Day.


I was also excited when I saw that Ridley Scott was making a movie on Gettysburg to celebrate the 150th anniversary of the Civil War. It aired today and I am looking forward to watching it. Scott did an incredible job on Black Hawk Down and he also works on The Good Wife which is one of my favorite shows right now.

A friend recently compiled a list of all the war movies he had seen into different categories. I am working on my list too, which I will post here in the near future. I often think that after being an historian on the Presidents, I would like to be a war historian as well.

These movies are great ways to remember the great men and women who have sacrificed so much so that we could be free!!

No comments: