In 2008, I joined a group vowing to read 50 books. I was able to accomplish that goal by reading 36 books and listening to 14 on CD. Last year in 2009, I failed miserably. So, this year I'm getting back on the wagon and vowing to do even better than in 2008. My goal is to read 40 books and to listen to 10 on CD.
A lot of the books that I read this year are going to be on the lives of women. Since, I'm going to be teaching a class on remarkable women. I started with Sarah Palin and now I'm moved on to Margaret Thatcher. Right now it is all things Thatcher, because I am fascinated with her life.
I started out reading some easy books on her to get an overview. Now, I am reading one of her two biographies, The Path to Power. It is huge, over 600 pages, but it flows well and is interesting. While searching, I found this review of it.
Here are the books that I have read so far:
1) Going Rogue: An American Life~~Sarah Palin
2) 365 Ways to Live Cheap!~~Trent Hamm
3) Sarah~~Kaylene Johnson
4) Margaret Thatcher, Britain's "Iron Lady"~~Doris Faber
5) Madam Prime Minister~~Libby Huges
6) Margaret Thatcher~~Bernard Garfinkel
Here are the books on CD that I've listened too:
1) Feminist Fantasies~~Phyllis Schafly
2) Blue Skies, No Fences: A Memoir of Childhood and Family~~Lynne Cheney