Wednesday, August 05, 2009

MommyWood and Tori and Dean!


I have to confess that I was once a fan of Beverly Hills 90210. Yet, I wasn't necessarily a huge fan of Tori Spelling, but that changed when I read her book, Stori Telling. I was really impressed with how real, honest and genuine she was and I came away really liking her.

After that, I confess that I started watching her reality show, Tori & Dean: Home Sweet Hollywood. Again, I was impressed with Tori's genuine desire to be a good Mom and her relationship with her husband. She has some Hollywood morals that I don't agree with, but I love people who are real and Tori is exactly that.

Her second book, Mommywood didn't reveal anything earth shattering but it was also good. Even as a Mom of 4 who has to do all the work myself with only my husband's help, I respected where Tori was coming from as a Mother.

I didn't agree with Entertainment Weekly's review at all when they described Tori and her Mom's books as "cheesy exhibitionism of the double Spelling literary acts".

Previously:
Tori Spelling on Hannity!
A Review of Stori Telling

No comments: