Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Courage & Facing Your Fears


"You gain strength, courage and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself. 'I lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along.' You must do the thing you cannot do."--Eleanor Roosevelt

God decided I needed a refresher course this past week in facing fear. As I was struggling through it I remembered that quote that talked about how courage isn't the absence of fear but facing it. As I went hunting for the quote I found several other similar ones that were very good. I talked about them on the radio show today and thought they were worth posting. I especially loved the above one by Eleanor Roosevelt.

"Courage is doing what you're afraid to do. There can be no courage unless you're scared."--Eddie Rickenbacker

"Courage faces fear and thereby masters it."--Martin Luther King Jr.

"Courage isn't the absence of fear; it's the conquering of fear."--Donald Trump

"Courage, contrary to popular belief, is not the absence of fear. Courage is the wisdom to act in spite of fear."--John Roger & Peter McWilliams


And here is my theme verse for the week:
2 Timothy 1:7--"For God did not give us a spirit of timidity (fear) but a spirit of power, of love and of self-discipline."

No comments: