Tuesday, October 29, 2013

My "48 Days to the Work I Love" Journey!--Day 1


So, my life has been turned upside down in the last 2 years.  I have been through a divorce, several job changes and a move.  I have been reluctant to blog about it, but I have missed blogging tremendously, and I decided that I needed to blog for myself and for those that my story might help as well.

I home schooled my kids for 13 years, and was a stay-at-home Mom primarily for 18 years.  Now, I have 2 kids in College and 2 in public school, they are all doing very well academically.

I now find myself in the work force, trying to find a job I love.  I really enjoyed a temporary job that I had working for a freight company, but it didn't pay enough.  I am now working at an assembly line job which pays well, but is sucking the life out of me.

A friend had bought me 2 of Dan Miller's books, 48 Days to the Work You Love and No More Dreaded Mondays.  I figured now is the time to read them and see what where they lead me.  I figured I would blog about my journey to help keep me accountable.

Below is the description for day 1, which I have completed.

Day 1
--Review the 48 day schedule
--Read the Intro and sign and date the commitment

Additional Links:
48 Days Success Stories
Funnyrat's 48 Days Journey



1 comment:

Timmy Jimmy said...

Hi Dee,
Glad you are blogging.

I feel the same way about blogging about my life right now. So much bad going on, I hate to even open the can of worms that it is. So I'm glad you are to that point.

That book has been recommended to me as well. I probably need to read it since... I really don't like being a school teacher, sub that I am.

Not sure where I will be 2 years after all this started, but I know Who is there waiting for me.
Blessings,
Timothy