Saturday, February 09, 2013

A Review of Argo!



I was skeptical about how Hollywood would portray the Iranian hostage situation, but I went to see Argo anyway and loved it.

I was in the 5th grade when Americans from the U.S. embassy in Iran were taken hostage.  I remember it well, because I had a phenomenal teacher that year who made sure we were informed about current events.

Argo tells the little known story of the 6 people who escaped from the Embassy and took refuge in the home of the Canadian Ambassador.  The story has been called the Canadian Caper and a TV movie was first done on it in 1981, entitled  Escape from Iran: The Canadian Caper.

The 6 men and women were in great danger because it was only a matter of time before the Iranian militants would discover that there were some people missing from the embassy.  A CIA agent then comes up with a plan to get them out of Iran.

I really liked the movie and am impressed with Ben Affleck's ability to direct.  The only part that I didn't like was at the end when Jimmy Carter started talking.  Also, it is rated R because there is a lot of language.

If you can handle the language, it is a great movie.

1 comment:

DaBlade said...

The only part that I didn't like was at the end when Jimmy Carter started talking.

Haha! That was the part I hated with my favorite movie, Miracle.