Saturday, June 14, 2008

Meet the Press Legend, Tim Russert Dead at age 58


Shock is probably the best word to describe how most of us felt when we heard the news yesterday that Tim Russert had died of a heart attack. I had just turned on Hannity's radio show when I heard him carefully saying that he had some very sad news. It caught my attention by the graveness of his voice. When he announced the news it seemed hard to believe because Russert was only 58. Once again, we are reminded of how fragile life is and how we need to treasure our loved ones.

Russert reminded me of O'Reilly in that he equally gave those on both sides of the aisle a hard time. He didn't give people soft ball interviews, he made them answer the tough questions. The only time he really upset me was when I felt like he was being a little too tough on the President. I felt like he wasn't being respectful enough of the office of the Presidency. Yet, for someone who was a member of the Main Stream Media thats pretty good.

My prayers are with his family and loved ones. May God comfort them during this difficult time of loss.

No comments: