Sunday, February 24, 2008

Drew Peterson and Injustice!


What we know about Drew Peterson:
--2nd wife abused

--3rd wife murdered--(The police were called 18 times on domestic disturbance calls during their marriage)

--4th wife, Stacy Peterson missing

--Drew's former fiancee speaks out

--Pastor: Stacy Peterson Told Me Drew Killed 3rd Wife

--A relative helped Drew move a large blue container that was warm to the touch around the time Stacy disappeared

I was watching the latest on this case while working out the other night and I had renewed outrage. Most likely this man played a part in the death of 2 women and there may never be any justice for either one of them. He used to be a cop and it appears that he's been very controlling and manipulative and knows how not to leave incriminating evidence behind.

I know many will not agree with me but it is cases like this and the OJ Simpson case that make me sympathetic towards people like Mary Winkler. I don't ever condone vigilante justice but domestic violence is often a crime that people don't walk away from. I think it is possible that people like Winkler put up with the abuse for too long and then they snap.

I pray and hope there is justice for Stacy and Kathleen Savio's families. I also hope this is a wake up call for any woman who is in an abusive relationship to get help and get out, today.

No comments: