Thursday, June 14, 2007

Freedom

William Wallace Speech

Sir William Wallace of Elerslie is still regarded as Scotlands greatest hero and patriot.
Freedom is always worth fighting for. As I'm preparing for my radio show I've been reflecting on my philosophy towards life and what inspires me. As most of you know Braveheart is my all time favorite movie. It inspires me in a way that no other movie has come close to. Amazing Grace is the only one that has even gotten close.

"Sir William Wallace of Elerslie, hero of Scotland and true patriot, his desire for peace and freedom united the clans, gained the loyalty of the people, struck fear into his enemies and defied the cruel hand of an evil, waring and invading King - Edward 'Longshanks' Plantagenet I of England."
Braveheart was based on some of the true history of Scotland's fight for independence and the man, William Wallace. The movie isn't completely accurate but does base a lot of it on William Wallace's real life. This site prides itself on telling the true story of William Wallace.

"We fight not for glory nor for wealth nor honours; but only and alone we fight for freedom, which no good man surrenders but with his life."--from the Scottish Declaration of Independence signed in 1320 at Arbroath Abbey on the east coast of Scotland.
One of these days I will do a historical profile on William Wallace, but until then watch the William Wallace speech and be inspired to fight for whatever cause it is that you most believe in.

Books:
In Freedom's Cause by G.A. Henty

No comments: