Saturday, August 19, 2006

Carrie Underwood & the Missouri State Fair


Last night was an awesome night. My oldest daughter and I along with a bunch of friends went to hear Carrie Underwood in concert at the Missouri State Fair. I can't tell you how much I love State Fairs. There is just something about summer, carnival rides, caramel apples, animals and great music. Last week the kids and I and some friends went on the first day of the fair. Every year they have $1 day on the first day where you only have to pay a $1 to get in and then they have special deals on food and rides for a $1.

Tonight we drove the 2 hours back out there again for the concert. The rain quit just in time for the concert and the weather was perfect. Warm (not hot) with a perfect breeze and not one drop of rain during the concert.

I didn't know much about Carrie before last night. But I must say I came away very impressed with her. She is beautiful, talented and still humble at this stage of the game. There were several songs that were awesome and ofcourse all the moms cried when she sang "Jesus Take the Wheel". Here is a great excerpt from that wonderful song:
Jesus take the wheel
Take it from my hands
Cause I can't do this on my own
I'm letting go
So give me one more chance
To save me from this road I'm on
Jesus take the wheel

Another song that she sang that really spoke to me was "Wasted". It talks about not wasting your life by wishing for things and yet missing out on them. That has been the theme of my life for the past 5 yrs. I don't want to sit back and miss out on life because I was too afraid to risk something or wasn't brave enough to try something. I want to grab the bull by the horns and embrace life.

She also amazingly sang 2 Guns N' Roses songs and totally pulled them off :-). I was extremely impressed and would've never thought it possible. A great night was had by all!!

No comments: