Saturday, November 05, 2016

My Sample Ballot for the November 8th, 2016 Election

"I think if he wins [Utah] or even if he finishes close, it is a demonstration that a huge body of Republicans want their party back and Trump's hostile takeover is not acceptable, and I think it does set us up for the fight to come between the conservative wing of the GOP and the Trump battalion.”~Matthew Dowd
--As I stated in my previous post, I will be voting Evan McMullin/Mindy Finn for president.  But there are a lot of other important issues and candidates on the ballot.

Candidate Races:
--I had the privilege of working on some great local candidate races this year.  It was great to be active again and I was reminded of what a difference it makes when the candidates themselves are out there pounding the pavement.

--I will be voting Republican for most of the races.  The most important race in my opinion is voting for Roy Blunt for U.S. Senate.  I have met both Roy and Matt Blunt and have been impressed with both of them.  I know some are upset with Roy over certain issues, but the control of the senate is at stake.

--I will be veering off the path for 2 races, the 1st being State Senator Ryan Silvey.  I actually helped on his campaign in the early days, but quickly became disenchanted.  He has betrayed conservatives at every turn, the most recent being his crucial vote that kept Right to Work from passing here in Missouri.

--The 2nd person I won't be voting for is Jacob Turk.  He is one of the biggest embarrassments in Republican politics, in my opinion.  I don't know what he does to earn money, it seems his job is running for office every 2 years in a district and against an opponent where he doesn't have a prayer of winning.  He has this strange, cult following that rivals that of Ron Paul, who keeps his campaigns alive.
Important Amendments and a Proposition:
--Constitutional Amendment 2~An attempt by the left to stifle free speech.  I will be voting No on this.

--Constitutional Amendment 4~A confusing amendment, it says it's wanting to prohibit new taxes, but it's really about trying to prevent a fairer way of taxation.  I will be voting No on this one too. 

--Constitutional Amendment 6~Conservatives have been trying to pass this forever.  It helps to eliminate voter fraud.  I have posted on this issue in the past (take the time to read former State Rep Doug Ervin's wonderful speech about it), and liberals never stop whining about how unfair this supposedly is.  You have to have a photo id to do practically anything, it only makes sense that you should have one to vote.  The state will pay for an id if you can't afford one.  I will be voting Yes on this.
--Proposition L~I will be voting yes on this because I think the Mid-Continent library system is amazing and deserves to be funded to continue to provide the Kansas City area with up to date technology.

 --If you are disgusted by the 2 choices for President, please don't let that keep you from voting for all the other races.  Local politics probably impacts your life more than national politics does.

1 comment:

finaly job said...

The product will offer you the energy to closing longer and feature longer sex classes along with your associate. It supplies the essential power and will increase libido to provide the nice sexual performance. may be taken every time - the pleasant element about the product is you can use it every time and there are not any barriers. as an instance.For more ==== >>>>>> http://testoupmaxfacts.com/penetrex-male-enhancement/