Monday, June 13, 2016

2016 Book List~Part 1


Last year my theme was the Civil Rights Movement.  This year's theme is First Ladies, as I continue my study of them and writing their profiles on my blog.  I am reading a book on each first lady and each president, then I watch the C-span profiles on both, and then I find other information on them.

Right now, I am reading Louisa Catherine: The Other Mrs. Adams by Margery Heffron.

Here are the books I've read so far:
1) Rosemary: The Hidden Kennedy Daughter--Kate Clifford Larson
2) Elizabeth Kortright Monroe--James Wootten
3) Ronald Reagan (The American Presidents #40)--Jacob Weisberg
4) First Ladies--National Public Radio
5) James Monroe: America's 5th President--Andrew Santella
6) Yes, My Accent is Real: and Some Other Things I Haven't Told You--Kunal Nayyar
7) Why Not Me?--Mindy Kaling
8) Things That Matter: Three Decades of Passions, Pastimes, and Politics--Charles Krauthammer
9) Gateway to Freedom:The Hidden History of the Underground Railroad--Eric Foner
10) For Laci: A Mother's Story of Love, Loss, and Justice--Sharon Rocha
11) Promises to Keep: Memorable Writings and Statements--Robert F. Kennedy
12) Hitler's Furies: German Women in the Nazi Killing Fields--Wendy Lower
13) My Story--Elizabeth Smart
14) Alexander Hamilton--Charles A. Conant
15) Wife No. 19--Ann Eliza Young
16) Rising to the Challenge: My Leadership Journey--Carly Fiorina
17) In Order to Live: A North Korean Girl's Journey to Freedom--Yeonmi Park
18) Churchill--J. Rufus Fears (The Teaching Company)
19) The Wright Brothers--David McCullough
20) Where the Light Gets In--Kimberly Williams-Paisley
21) An American Son: A Memoir--Marco Rubio
22) Don't Give Up, Don't Give In: Lessons from an Extraordinary Life--Louis Zamperini
Previously:
2015 Book List
2014 Book List
2013 Book List
2012 Book List
2011 Book List
2010 Book List
2008 Book List

1 comment:

Dave Miller said...

Glad to see you are still reading. I was rereading a past post of mine and you had commented on it, so i thought I'd stop by say hi.

Blessings...

Dave... the rational liberal!