Thursday, October 22, 2015

Trump Questions!


-Will Trump ever fade?

-Will Trump ever get more than 28% support among Republicans?

-What will it take for the 28% to stop supporting Trump?
At Red State, Leon Wolf asked just that.  He replied with this:
I ask because I would have thought that being a repeat donor to Clinton and other Democrats might have been that point for principled conservatives.

I ask because I would have thought that using Michael Moore’s talking points on 9/11 might have been that point for principled conservatives.

I would have thought that defending federal funding of Planned Parenthood might have been that point for principled conservatives.

I would have thought that adopting Democrat rhetoric on the need to raise taxes on the wealthy might have been that point for principled conservatives.

I would have thought that publicly professing a love for eminent domain might have been that point for principled conservatives.

I haven’t even gotten into the insanely liberal things Trump said and did before he decided to run for President, because apparently being an unprincipled and opportunistic flip flopper only bothers principled conservatives when the candidate in question is Mitt Romney. It doesn’t even apparently matter that The Donald’s immigration stance is likewise a transparent flip flop from what he said as recently as 2013.
-Why are people like Rush Limbaugh and Sean Hannity not criticizing him?

-Why are people like Ann Coulter and Mark Levin supporting him?  
Coulter actually said Trump could perform abortions in the White House as long as he stuck to his stance on immigration.  She was trying to be her normal satiric self, but I found that analogy horrifying.  We are willing to sell out all our other beliefs as long as Trump is good on immigration??  And what guarantee do we have that he won't change his stance right after being elected.  Rush has always said moderates were people that would stick their finger in the air to see which way the wind was blowing.  That describes Trump to a tee.  Coulter has permanently lost my support.  I was a huge fan of hers for years, but this just pushed me over the edge.

-Am I establishment because I can't stand Trump?
I don't think I am, I'm a principled conservative who supports candidates that are conservative as a whole and likely to get elected.  That's why I don't get conservatives that I have admired for years cowtowing to him.  It blows my mind.
-What are the top things that have ticked me off about Trump?
1) Right out of the gate he attacked POWs for getting captured during a war.  Who does that?  I don't even see Democrats saying something that stupid.
2) He attacks a woman moderator at a debate and has a track record of attacking women.
3) He blamed Bush for 9/11.  I can't tell you how much this pisses me off.  What kind of jackass says this???
4) He has no conservative framework or center.  He just spouts off what comes to him in the moment.  He has changed his mind on numerous important issues constantly and recently.  Sean Hannity went after Obama's past by digging up the stuff about Ayers, etc..  Yet, when asked by Glenn Beck why Trump's past didn't matter, Hannity just said it was what he was saying now that was important.
-Why are people supporting Trump when we finally have some great Republican candidates this time around?

I have always admired people who speak their minds and don't care what others think.  Yet, that doesn't extend to being a jackass.  He reminds me of Jesse Ventura who flamed out quickly, hopefully Trump does the same.  I just hope that the Republican party and some of its' biggest power players don't get destroyed in the aftermath.

2 comments:

Hal Duston said...

Jesse Ventura didn't flame out until after he had been elected and sworn in as governor of Minnesota.

Hal Duston said...

Jesse Ventura didn't flame out until after he had been elected and sworn in as governor of Minnesota.