Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Back to the Future--October 21, 2015


October 21, 2015--Back to the Future Day

-30 years ago I went to the movie theater to see Back to the Future.  I was 15 years old and a huge Michael J. Fox fan.

-Tonight, I went with 3 of my kids to see the movie, and my youngest son is 15, it was kind of cool.


-The significance of today's date, October 21, 2015, is because in the 2nd movie, they go to the future on October 21, 2015.

-It is hard to believe, when I was watching it, 2015 seemed like a long time away.



-I still love Huey Lewis and the News and I embarrassed my daughter by expressing my love for his music during the movie.

-While watching the 2nd movie tonight, I reflected on how history is skewed by Biff Tannen and his wealth.  As I saw the world descend into hell, I was struck by the similarities between Biff Tannen and Donald Trump.  I couldn't help but think we might be thrust into a similar hell if Trump is elected.
Update:
It turns out the character was actually based on Donald Trump, too funny!!

Some articles about the 30 year anniversary of the movies:
--10 Predictions that 'Back to the Future Part II' got right
--Huey Lewis Shares the Inspiration behind the Back to the Future anthem 'The Power of Love'
--Huey Lewis almost passed on going 'Back to the Future'
--'Back to the Future' cast reunites, flashes back to their monumental time together

Facebook:
October 21, 2015-Back to the Future Day

Twitter:
#BTTF2015

No comments: