Friday, August 07, 2015

August 6th Fox News Happy Hour Republican Debate!

Since [Donald Trump] has changed his mind on amnesty, on health care and on abortion, I would just ask, what are the principles by which he will govern?--Carly Fiorina
-The 1st Debate last night, which was dubbed the "Happy Hour Debate" was fairly uneventful except that Carly Fiorina rose to the top of the 7 candidates that didn't make the cut for the "real debate" later that night.

-I have always liked Fiorina but know that she doesn't have much of a shot at the nomination for numerous reasons.  That said, she did a great job last night and was the only candidate of the 7 that did anything for me.


-CNN listed her 5 best lines:
1. "Hillary Clinton lies about Benghazi, she lied about emails, she is still defending Planned Parenthood, and she is still her party's frontrunner."
2. "[T]he potential of this nation and too many Americans is being crushed by the weight, the power, the cost, the complexity, the ineptitude, the corruption of the federal government."
3. "I know more world leaders on the stage today than anyone running, with perhaps the exception of Hillary Clinton."
4. "Since [Donald Trump] has changed his mind on amnesty, on health care and on abortion, I would just ask, what are the principles by which he will govern?"
5. "I didn't get a phone call from Bill Clinton before I jumped in the race ... maybe it's because I hadn't given money to the foundation or donated to his wife's senate race."
-I think Fiorina would make an excellent VP for my favorite candidate, Marco Rubio.  She would also make a great cabinet pick.

-The other candidates didn't impress me at all.  Perry was the only one I liked, but his performance illustrates why he crashed and burned last time around and why he's getting no traction this time.

-Graham, Gilmore and Pataki know they have no chance in hell of winning and must be running to create publicity for themselves.

-Jindal just doesn't come across well at all, he makes me cringe.  Santorum didn't have a chance last time and he sure doesn't this time.

1 comment:

Mike's America said...

The Democrats are afraid to hold a debate this early because they know their candidates are so lackluster compared to the excellent field the GOP has.

Fiorina is a gem and I hope she can make to the main stage at the Sept. 16 debate at the Reagan Library.

Did you hear what Trump said about Megyn Kelly "bleeding?"

WOW!