Saturday, January 17, 2015

A Review of American Sniper


-I have been looking forward to seeing American Sniper since I first learned about it this past October

I was excited about the movie for several reasons:
-I've been a huge fan of Chris Kyle's for a long time
-I bought his book, and am looking forward to reading it also
-I'm a huge Bradley Cooper fan
-Clint Eastwood is a phenomenal director, and I knew with him directing it the movie would be done right.
-I'm a war movie buff
-I am inspired by seeing the sacrifices men and women have made for our country.
-I obviously had very high expectations going in, and yet the movie still far exceeded them.

-This is Bradley Cooper's finest role, by far, to date.  I almost didn't recognize that it was him because he carried himself in such a different way.  He was very much like I imagine that Chris Kyle was.  Cooper definitely deserves to win an academy award for his portrayal, whether the liberal elite in Hollywood will agree, is a different story.

-The movie enabled you to fall in love with Chris Kyle, and yet still see his struggles with adapting to life back in the U.S.  He was portrayed as a hero, but with all the grit and realness of his struggles and humanity.

-My favorite movie from last year was Lone Survivor, but American Sniper surpasses it.  The way they end the movie is especially touching.  Tears streamed down my face as they showed real footage from Kyle's memorial.

-American Sniper is an incredible movie about an amazing man, and the lessons his life can teach us all.

No comments: