Wednesday, December 10, 2014

The Red Tent


-I am usually a stickler for movies sticking to the "book".  The Red Tent, which aired as a 2 part mini-series on Lifetime, may stick to the book it was based on, The Red Tent by Anita Diamant. 
But, it doesn't stick to the true Biblical story in Genesis.  I haven't read Diamant's book, but the mini-series definitely deviates from the facts in the Bible on some things. 

-Yet, I still found the series fascinating.  It showed what life was like for women back in that time.  The KC Star's review, Women Rule in this 'Tent' does a good job of explaining how the focus of the movie is on the women and their roles.


-I loved the actresses that they picked to play Leah, Rachel and Dinah.  I love Morena Baccarin who plays Rachel.  She does a phenomenal job on the show, Homeland, which is where I first saw her.

-I will be checking out Diamant's book too.

No comments: