Wednesday, January 16, 2013

10 Quotes from my 2012 Journal!


A friend of mine did a post entitled, 10 Things I Heard at Church This Year about quotes that she had in her journal on the sermons.  I thought that was a great idea and I thought I would expand it to 10 quotes from my journal. 

Last year was one of the toughest years of my life, so I did a lot of writing in my journal.

1)  "I believe that God totally, absolutely, intentionally gives us more than we can handle.  Because this is when we surrender to Him and He takes over,  proving Himself by doing the impossible in our lives!"--Katie Davis

2) "I was thirsty, You gave me water.  I was an orphan, now You are my Father.  I was desperate, hungry and seeking.  You are love."--Laura Story

3)  Verses about the Lord fighting for me:
--Exodus 14:13-14--...Do not fear!  Stand by and see the salvation of the Lord which He will accomplish for you today...The Lord will fight for you while you keep silent.

--Deuteronomy 20:3-4--Do not be fainthearted.  Do not be afraid, or panic, or tremble before them, for the Lord your God is the one who goes with you, to fight for you against your enemies, to save you!

--Deuteronomy 1:30-31--The Lord your God who goes before you will Himself fight on your behalf, just as He did for you in Egypt before your eyes, and in the wilderness where you saw how the Lord your God carried you, just as a man carries his son...

--2 Chronicles 20:12, 15--O our God, wilt Thou not judge them?  For we are powerless before this great multitude who are coming against us; nor do we know what to do, but our eyes are on Thee.  ...thus says the Lord to you, 'Do not fear or be dismayed because of this great multitude, for the battle is not yours, but God's.

4) "God whispers to us in our pleasures and shouts to us in our pain."--C.S. Lewis

5) "God not only fights for you but also provides you with a safe refuge.  He actually fights in your place while you rest in the safety He gives.  He shields you, saves you, and gains victory for you."

"Lord, You are great and there is no other God but You.  You are my safe refuge from the storm.  Help me to find my rest in You as You go to battle against all that opposes me.  No matter whether my battles are with finances, relationships, health, or obedience, I know that because of Your presence in my life, I will never face those challenges alone.  I depend on Your strength and not mine."--Stormie Omartian

6) Habakkuk 3:17-19--Though the fig tree should not blossom, and there be no fruit on the vines, though the yield of the olive should fail, and the fields produce no food, though the flock should be cut off from the fold, and there be no cattle in the stalls.

Yet, I will exult in the Lord, I will rejoice in the God of my salvation.

The Lord God is my strength, and He has made my feet like hinds' feet, and makes me walk on my high places.

7) "We are called to exclamation mark living."--Beth Moore

8) 2 Timothy 4:17--But the Lord stood with me, and strengthened me...and I was delivered out of the lion's mouth.

9) "It is God who made you into a beautiful woman.  He has been taking care of you, even when you didn't notice His provision."

10) "If you are a follower of Christ, then you are called to fight for the heart of your king.  It is a life fueled by passion--a passion for God and a passion for people."--Erwin Raphael McManus
 

No comments: