Wednesday, November 03, 2010

2010 Election Victories!


"I think we’re going to do a great deal better than anyone gives us credit for. I do not see this grand debacle."
~~Joe Bite-Me
back in July commenting on the November election
Obama Agenda is Dead, He Tried a 2-Year Experiment in Hyper-Liberalism and the Country Has said No!~~Charles Krauthammer
Democrats Can Get on the Train, but it's Headed in a Different Direction!~~Sarah Palin
Oh, what a difference 4 years can make!! 2006 was a gloomy night for Republicans, but last night was a very exciting one!

I worked all day yesterday as Poll Challenger for the Roy Blunt Campaign. One guy walked in all depressed, saying that his party was going to lose and he wasn't sure why he was wasting his time voting. I would bet money that guy was voting Democrat. The polling place also had double the turnout they normally have. A lot of voters turned out to have their say yesterday.

The races that had me cheering out loud last night:
~~Roy Blunt won Kit Bond's old U.S. Senate seat against Robin Carnahan! I obviously was excited about this race because I worked on his campaign, and he is a great guy.

~~Vicky Hartzler beats Ike Skelton for the 4th District Missouri House seat. I also made calls for Hartzler. I had one woman emphatically tell me there was no way Hartzler could beat Skelton. I would love to talk with her now.

~~Pat Toomey should've had this U.S. Senate seat 6 years ago in 2004. He was thrown under the bus for Arlen Specter. Yet, finally last night he won the Pennsylvania seat! It was a long time coming, but its here, and I'm a happy camper.

~~Ron Johnson boots Feingold out of the U.S. Senate seat in Wisconsin. I grew up in Wisconsin and I never thought I'd see the day that Feingold was sent packing. A mini-miracle and a great thing for those who live in Wisconsin.

~~Republican Mark Kirk wins Obama's old U.S. Senate seat in Illinois! Ouch, that has to hurt.

~~John Kasich wins the Ohio Governor's race. I've been a big fan of Kasich for quite awhile, so I was very happy to see him win this race.

~~Marcio Rubio wins the Florida Senate Race. I was extremely pleased to see this after the back room dealings between Crist and Meek.

Bummers!
~~Jerry Brown beat Meg Whitman in California, and I would've really liked to see Harry Reid get kicked to the curb.

William Norris wins the Clay County Auditor's race despite all of his ethical issues.
Other Celebrations:
~~Nancy Pelosi got fired, welcome Speaker John Boehner!!

~~My blog got an incredible amount of traffic this past week. The day before the election there were 3,800 hits and another 3,400 on election day.

No comments: