Wednesday, October 06, 2010

Ronald Reagan's Faith!


I just finished listening to Hand of Providence (The Strong and Quiet Faith of Ronald Reagan) by Mary Beth Brown. I can't say enough good things about it. I learned so much about Ronald Reagan's life and his faith.

The Cd version is great because it includes speeches that were made by those that were at Reagan's funeral. I especially loved the speeches by George W. Bush and Margaret Thatcher.

Yet, most of all I was amazed at what a personal and genuine faith that Reagan had that so many people, including myself, weren't aware of. Reagan's Mother was a strong Christian and an optimist, his Dad was an alcoholic and a pessimist. It isn't hard to see who Reagan chose to emulate.

As I listened, it reminded me once again how much I want to be an optimist like Ronald Reagan and Tony Snow. They both chose to be immersed in politics and yet, refused to become jaded.


Hand of Providence was so good that I am now inspired to read another book on Reagan's faith, God and Ronald Reagan. Stay tuned for a review in the future.

Related posts:
Why I Love Ronald Reagan~~Part 1
Why I love Ronald Reagan~~Part 2
Why I love Ronald Reagan~~Part 3

No comments: