Tuesday, October 05, 2010

A Loving Mother Smothers her Disabled Child???


Hat tip: ClayCOMOPolitics

Wow!!! Virginia Ironside was a guest on a talk show talking about whether abortion was an act of kindness. Here is what she had to say:
‘If a baby’s going to be born severely disabled or totally unwanted, surely an abortion is the act of a loving mother.’

She added: ‘If I were the mother of a suffering child – I mean a deeply suffering child – I would be the first to want to put a pillow over its face… If it was a child I really loved, who was in agony, I think any good mother would.’
If you watch the video above you can see how shocked and horrified Reverend Joanna Jepson is, who was the other guest on the show.

Another guest on the show, GP Peter Evans, of the Christian Medical Fellowship, said:
'For us to make judgments that people are not worth life, not worth the opportunity to live, is a very dangerous thing.'
As could be expected, "Disability rights advocates called her pro-eugenics approach “despicable.” I could think of more colorful words, but I'll refrain. Thank goodness most people are still shocked and outraged by this. My fear is that some day the liberal, pro-death movement will have made such an impact, that people will no longer be outraged.

Hot Air has more on other sickening comments that Ironside has made in the past, and they also cite how unfortunately, she is not alone in her morally bankrupt way of thinking.

No comments: