Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving 2009!


Of course, as an 80's kid, I grew up on Charlie Brown specials. The downside to videos and DVDs is that you don't look forward to "specials" anymore at a certain time of year. At my house we watched The Wizard of Oz at Easter, The Sound of Music at another time, and then there were Charlie Brown specials for each holiday.

The above clip is awesome, it has the Thanksgiving Prayer from the Charlie Brown Thanksgiving. It not only has a prayer, but it also tells the first Thanksgiving story, all in only 49 seconds!






I went ahead and found the above 3 historical documents on youtube. I had posted the Gettysburg Address in 2007 and loved it. I had my older kids memorize it a couple of years ago. This year, I am having my youngest son memorize The American's Creed. When he is done, I am going to videotape him and put it on youtube. I found out that I wasn't the first one to think of it, as I went looking for a video of it this morning.

As I reflect on Thanksgiving today, I'm aware as always, that we have a lot to be thankful for, especially here in the U.S. Which is why I always have my kids help make shoeboxes for Operation Christmas Child. If you've never participated, its an awesome program. Franklin Graham's Samaritan's Purse organization does an unfathomable amount of good. I use their Prayer Point with my youngest son for school to teach him geography, and to enable him to learn to pray for the needs of the world at the same time.

So today, I am counting my blessings, and wishing you a Happy Thanksgiving!!

No comments: