1) Young Conservatives--A friend sent me a link to the above video. I thought it was pretty good and a creative way to spread the message among younger conservatives. Below is an excerpt from their website that describes the purpose of their group:
Young Conservatives is a group with a devout mission to spread the love and logic surrounding true conservatism. Our greatest enemy lies in the lack of understanding of the conservative movement. In a technological era driven fiercely by the main stream media, those who taut the true conservative message of individual responsibility, moral absolutes, and small government are slanted as intolerant, racist, "bible and gun clinging", corporate fat cats who could not care less about the environment nor the well being of their fellow man. Being Christian or conservative or a combination of the two is not viewed as popular in American Society. This group clearly proves otherwise. Don't feel afraid or silenced, and always speak your mind.To read more, check out their website which has lots more info and links.
The inaccurate manifestations of conservatism cloud the real mettle in its core. Flawed politicians lay on both sides of the political spectrum, however, we believe the core conservative principles of Ronald Reagan, Martin Luther King Jr., and arguably Jesus are the flag-bearers of the true conservative movement. Reasons for our belief regarding Jesus and MLK are explained in an article below.
2) Former Congressman, John Kasich is running for Governor of Ohio! John Kasich is a great guy and I've enjoyed seeing him on Fox the past couple of years. I think he's exactly what the Republican party needs, so I'm glad he's jumping back into the political arena.
3) A Portrait of an Alleged Murderer: The Life of Suspected Tiller Killer Scott Roeder--George Tiller's killer had schizophrenia, was a conspiracy theorist and belonged to an anti-government, extremist group known as the "Army of God". Meanwhile, the Drive By Media is trying to make a martyr out of Tiller, a man who slaughtered thousands of babies who could live outside the womb.
4) Obama accused people who mentioned his Muslim roots of smearing him during the campaign. Now that he is elected, its suddenly not a smear, but the truth.
Gateway Pundit points out that while Obama couldn't admit that the U.S. was a Christian nation, it might be a Muslim nation. Unbelievable!!!!!!
5) Dick Cheney Not Backing Down: Speech and Q&A at the National Press Club--Have I mentioned how much I love this man??