Sunday, August 24, 2008

Obama picks Biden for VP!!


"I've had a great relationship. In Delaware, the largest growth in population is Indian-Americans moving from India. You cannot go to a 7-Eleven or a Dunkin' Donuts unless you have a slight Indian accent. I'm not joking."--Joe Biden, July 2006
"...Biden described Obama as "the first mainstream African American [presidential candidate] who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy."
"I think I have a much higher IQ than you do."--Joe Biden in response to a question by a reporter

When you look at the field of people Obama had to pick from, I'm a little incredulous that he picked Joe Biden to be his VP. My first thought was of the SNL Halloween skit with all of the Democrat candidates in it. Biden came as Sponge Bob and thats what I think of when I see him. Biden is one of the most bitter and nastiest politicians in Washington. There is a reason he never made it far in his own runs for the presidency. He has also made a lot of gaffes that would've knocked any Republican out of the political race long ago. This article describes him as having "loose lips". I think one could safely say that this is an understatement.

Here are 2 great articles showing why Biden is a poor choice for Obama, The Fix, and 5 things the Biden pick says about Obama.

To be honest, I think Evan Bayh or Kathleen Sebelius would've been much better choices but, the Obama campaign doesn't listen to me.

The bottom line: Republicans should be very happy with this choice, it will only make the Obama ticket even less appealing. Lets just hope McCain does a better job in his selection of a running mate.

Also, Peggy Noonan finally wrote an article that I could agree with again, They're Paying Attention Now.

No comments: