1) I'm going to the American Idol concert tonight here in KC where I'll get to see David Cook!!
2) Jim at Gateway Pundit live blogged Obama's Speech last night! I've noticed a lot of people are saying that it is essentially the same speech liberals usually give and was very similar to the one he gave 4 years ago.
3) Another reminder that Jimmy Carter should've been "committed" long ago. He's already predicting that if Obama loses it will be because of racism. When I heard this on the radio yesterday I just rolled my eyes. You would think Democrats would try to muzzle him but they seem to let him talk at will.
4) Nancy Pelosi gets a reality check from the Catholic Cardinal. Most theological leaders don't want to get in the middle of political debates but Pelosi's claims had to be responded too. Here is what the Cardinal had to say:
"What the Speaker had to say about theologians and their positions regarding abortion was not only misinformed; it was also, and especially, utterly incredible in this day and age.Ouch!!
We are blessed in the 21st century with crystal-clear photographs and action films of the living realities within their pregnant mothers. No one with the slightest measure of integrity or honor could fail to know what these marvelous beings manifestly, clearly, and obviously are, as they smile and wave into the world outside the womb. In simplest terms, they are human beings with an inalienable right to live, a right that the Speaker of the House of Representatives is bound to defend at all costs for the most basic of ethical reasons. They are not parts of their mothers, and what they are depends not at all upon the opinions of theologians of any faith. Anyone who dares to defend that they may be legitimately killed because another human being “chooses” to do so or for any other equally ridiculous reason should not be providing leadership in a civilized democracy worthy of the name."
5) Another brilliant McCain ad! Whoever is coming up with the ads for McCain's campaign is a genius!! I've never seen so many great ads, one after the other.
6) McCain is set to announce his VP today. All signs appear to be pointing towards Romney. The other hot name is Pawlenty. Either of these choices will basically be somewhat safe. They won't make the base excited but they won't tick us off either. I would prefer Romney over Pawlenty because Romney has been vetted and I've heard a lot of moderate/liberal rumblings about Pawlenty. Nevertheless, we will find out soon.