Thursday, July 24, 2008

John McCain's Latest Ad on Gas Prices!


During a previous post some of us had a discussion about John McCain and the issue of gas prices. We said that if he didn't run on drilling here in the U.S. as a campaign issue he would have no one to blame but himself for losing. Why? The majority of Americans say they want to drill here.

So I was very pleased when I came across this ad by McCain on Mike's blog. I will give McCain some praise today while he deserves it. The buzz right now is that McCain is getting ready to announce his choice for VP. I hope to be pleasantly surprised but I expect him to pick someone that I will be less than thrilled with. I would love to have J.C. Watts or Governor Sarah Palin. There are some others that would be good, another set that would be tolerable and then there would be those like Huckabee and Lieberman that would send me out to orbit.

Right now, the rumor is that Pawlenty and Romney are at the top of the list. I have no way of knowing if those two are even on McCain's short list but I'm not ecstatic about moderate Pawlenty at all. As for Romney, he would be better than a lot of others but I fear that he carries too much baggage. We shall see!

No comments: