Saturday, June 14, 2008

Percentages and Taking Heat!!


"If you are not criticized, you may not be doing much."--Donald Rumsfeld
What is it they say about opinions? Everyone has one! If you have principles and beliefs and opinions and they aren't swayed by the wind and opinion polls you are going to take heat for them.

I've taken a lot of heat over the past 4 years for refusing to join the 70% of the country that dislikes Bush. I still love him and I am not ashamed to admit that to anyone and will proudly confess it. I am part of the 30% who love Bush and still support him.

Now I find myself on the opposite side and taking heat for not liking McCain. They said on Fox News today that McCain has 22% less of the Conservative Evangelical base than Bush had so I guess I'm a part of that 22%.

I'm an optimist by nature and I try to be positive whenever I can. I don't relish having to bring up issues that I'm not happy with McCain about but I can't not bring them up and be true to myself. I'm not going to sit silently by and pretend I'm not frustrated when I am. Blogging about politics is all about passion. You blog about what you are passionate about. So, I blog about what gets me excited and I blog about what ticks me off. McCain happens to tick me off a lot and has for the past 10+ years.

I understand that some can't handle "their guy" being criticized. I get that. Thats why I had to stop reading blogs that bashed Bush. If you love McCain and can't handle my criticism of him I will miss you as a reader but I will understand if you have to go. I can't stop being myself, I can't stop being true to what I believe and I won't change what I blog about to appease some that are upset.

I'm more than aware about whats at stake this year. I could claim I have a lot of powerful people that side with me and so could the people who support McCain. It all comes down to, this is where I'm at. I will wait and see who McCain picks for VP. In the meantime, I will praise him for his good decisions, I will hold his feet to the fire for the bad ones and I will point out Obama's multitude of sins as well. In the end I'm sure I will most likely be holding my nose and voting, we shall see.

No comments: