Friday, April 11, 2008

Balance & Moderation!


"We should thank God for beer and burgundy by not drinking too much of them."--G.K. Chesterton

I had this awesome Philosophy Professor when I was in College at Moody Bible Institute. He was talking about having moderation and balance in life and not going to extremes. He referenced the above quote but since we were at Bible college he adapted the quote and substituted the beer with chocolate. We thank God for chocolate by not eating too much of it.

I have never been good at the balance or moderation thing, I seem to like extremes. Remember that quote from Top Gun, "You are not going to be happy unless you are going mach 2 with your hair on fire."

Yet, lately I've been trying to do better. I've been trying to juggle all the different facets of life: family, church, school with my kids, politics, exercise, karate, reading, blogging, radio show, house responsibilities, bills, etc... and then lately I've been trying to get to bed at a decent time. I'm doing a sleep log since I'm going to a Neurologist for the headaches so I'm trying to do better about my sleep habits.

Anyway, its hard to do it all. I find that in trying to have balance in a variety of things I obviously have less time for other things. Its a matter of figuring it all out in time and prioritizing. So this would also explain why I haven't had as much time to blog or visit lately. I'm trying to find balance ;-)!

No comments: