Tuesday, March 04, 2008

The Truth About Abortion


"The care of human life and happiness, and not their destruction, is the first and only legitimate object of good government."

— President Thomas Jefferson, 1809

I've come across several articles on abortion lately that I thought were worth posting.

1) Abortion Takes a Toll on the African-American Community Here is a small excerpt:
Since abortion became legal in 1973, more than 15 million black babies have been killed without drawing a single breath.

Day Gardner, president of the National Black Pro-Life Union, said the black community needs to stop supporting this genocide.
One of the worst things that not many know is that Margaret Sanger (the founder of Planned Parenthood) was a racist and it factored into her support of abortion to rid the world of those she considered "socially undesirable".
"Abortion clinics were originally set up with the intention of slowing the population growth of Afro-Americans and others racial groups considered mentally or otherwise inferior."

2) Abortion Suicide
An excerpt:
"An artist killed herself after aborting her twins when she was eight weeks pregnant, leaving a note saying: "I should never have had an abortion. I see now I would have been a good mum."

Emma Beck was found hanging at her home in Helston, Cornwall, on Feb 1 2007. She was declared dead early the following day - her 31st birthday.

Her suicide note read: "I told everyone I didn't want to do it, even at the hospital. I was frightened, now it is too late. I died when my babies died. I want to be with my babies: they need me, no-one else does."

One of the biggest lies about abortion is what destruction it brings upon the woman herself. If feminists truly cared about women they would not advocate abortion. I had a friend who was permanently scarred by the abortion she had as a teenager. As Mike says in his post, "How many women have been scarred forever by abortion?"

3) Doctors Advised Abortion; Baby Born Healthy
An excerpt:
"A Wales couple are enjoying their healthy 5-month-old son after they defied doctors' recommendation to abort him.

Before Brandon Kramer was born, doctors diagnosed him, via an MRI scan, with a rare brain disorder that reportedly would cause deafness and blindness. Becky and Kriss were told their son probably would survive only a few hours. Just weeks before Brandon's birth, doctors recommended abortion.

The couple ignored the doctors’ advice and welcomed a healthy boy on Oct. 1, 2007. He is now teething and attempting to talk.

"I feel incredibly guilty thinking that I could have killed him — and then I find myself wondering how many other babies are killed who would have turned out to be completely healthy,” Becky told London’s Daily Mail.

The parents said they want their story to serve as a warning for other parents advised to abort their babies.

According to the British Paediatric Neurology Association, “Just because you have an abnormality in a scan doesn't mean your baby will turn out abnormally.”

4) Embryo Adoption Gives Couples a Chance to Become Parents
Another example of saving life, instead of destroying it!

No comments: